To Your Community. If you're a newbie, say hello here!

Postby dustydimensions » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:41 am

Hi y'all. [:)] - I'd like to introduce myself as a new member, after weeks of fascinating myself with several of the posts made in this forum. It's like a look of a comprehensive archive of Dusty!

I'm Jonathan and I'm from the United States; in the southern region, but I prefer not to disclose my city.

I am one of the recent younger fans of Dusty's music, specifically the kinds of people from the dusk of the 20th century toward the dawn of the 21st; and some social medium nowadays come natural to me, though there are a few which I ardently avoid since I'm an introverted dude myself. Years ago I had heard of her by name and reading popular music encyclopedias and articles about British rock, but I have never come to be aware of her potential until a music appreciation course led me to give a listen of her songs (starting with her early era and then progressing there and there; my latest listening of her is "Dusty in London" which cemented my appreciation then, especially her cover version of Leon Russell's "A Song for You".).

My username is a portmanteau of Dusty Springfield, and the Fifth Dimension (with an s, and an Oxford comma) simply put, because my latest obsession of music genre is soul and funk - but my heart lies with jazz, AOR, and a dabble of 1970s electronic music.

Nonetheless, I look forward to getting to know some people and try my best to be a participant of this community. [;)]
Last edited by dustydimensions on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We begin with the possible, and move gradually towards the impossible.
Jonathan, U. S.
Can be called Jon for short.
dustydimensions
Little by little
Little by little

Re: New Member

Postby Corinna » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Jon, and welcome to the LTD family! Great to have you! [:D]

Feel free to browse around and ask any Dusty-related questions you like. We're a knowledgeable bunch, and you surely will find anything worth knowing about Dusty here.

Welcome aboard! [ear] :note:
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Postby Cecelia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Jon. Welcome to all things Dusty. Nice to have you n
Cecelia