Ivor Raymonde

Great Music--Other Than Dusty's.

Ivor Raymonde

Postby countrycake » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 pm

LTD members will know Ivor Raymonde as the co-writer of I Only Want To Be With You and three other Dusty songs and as the music director on Dusty's recordings up to the time of You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.

Some may not know the extent of Ivor's work in the British recording industry as a music director, producer and writer, particularly, but not exclusively, in the 1960s. The Yorkshire Evening Post yesterday carried an article about Ivor, which is largely based on an interview with his son Simon Raymonde, former member of the Cocteau Twins.

The article is well worth reading. It came as news to me that IOWTBWY was first offered to Frankie Vaughan to record before it came Dusty's way. While it covers his appearances in Hancock, it doesn't mention that Ivor appeared in Eastenders in the 1980s as a pub pianist. I think he was in a couple of episodes.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/whats-on/music/music-interview-simon-raymonde-on-paradise-the-sound-of-ivor-raymonde-1-9257283

The article mentions that Simon has compiled a CD of examples of his father's work, which was released today. This contains two Dusty recordings, ie IOWTBWY and Your Hurtin' Kinda Love. Here's a link to the CD on Amazon UK's site:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paradise-Sound-Raymonde-Various-Artists/dp/B07DDJKQ5V/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1533318383&sr=1-1&keywords=the+sound+of+ivor+raymonde
Jim
countrycake
Where am I going?
Where am I going?

Re: Ivor Raymonde

Postby trek007 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:56 pm

An interesting read.
Thanks for posting Jim.
Trekx. Often called Carole.

Ev'rything's coming up Dusty.
trek007
Can I get a witness