Do you remember?

To Your Community. If you're a newbie, say hello here!

Do you remember?

Postby Cas19 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Years ago this site was a thriving community, I used to spend half my days on here posting on the numerous threads.
It was also a happy site with people telling us how their day went and posting pics of their holidays.
We had the quiz run by the lovely late Brian, and the word game which is just about surviving today.
Recently I passed the 22 thousand posts quite a milestone , but these things now go unoticed.
Posts go unanswered and it makes you think why do I bother, but you know we have to keep it going.
Please look on, please comment, please care.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Re: Do you remember?

Postby wally » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:20 pm

I care and appreciate all you do Cas...sending you love xx
Wally x
wally
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby Corinna » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi Cas, what can I say? Times have changed, and everyone has moved on to FB, or so it seems. FB didn't even exist when we started back in 2006. Hard to imagine now, hu?

While I believe that LTD will always be an outstanding source of knowledge and reference, we can't turn back time. Let's just be happy Dusty's music and memory is still celebrated in the various Dusty communities on FB.

And congratulations to passing 22,000 posts, that's incredible! <3
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cas19 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 am

Thank you Wally and Cor but really thats not the point I wanted to get across, I just want people to post a little on here as well as on the FB pages.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby Cardiff Bluesgirl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:57 am

I try to keep it going as Im not on the dreadful facebook but most things dont get a response anymore even though they do get read at least. [:(]
I think we all knew it would drain this site of activity and sadly that has been the case.
Brian kept all the quizzes going and jokes etc, he is still a big loss here as is Rob.
I had thought when facebook hit the headlines with the data sharing stuff etc that maybe some people would return here but it hasnt happened. Social media has taken over peoples lives, im always amazed at concerts or any live event that the audience doesnt watch and enjoy it as it happens in front of them but all seem to watch behind their phone screens, its bizarre.
Cant turn the clock back though, fingers crossed for ltd its a lovely Dusty home. :thumbsup:
"every day I find you're in my heart and on my mind"

"she was the very essence of fabness""

" its nice to rest for awhile thank you "

Liz
Cardiff Bluesgirl
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby donellac » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:05 am

Hi Cas,

I'm still here. This was the first Dusty community I found and I am still loyal to it.

Sorry I don't post too often but I check out the site every day.

I love being able to find and read the reviews of the new musical here.

I hope LTD will keep going for a long time yet!

Dxx
Donella x

Yesterday when I was young the taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue!
donellac
Where am I going?
Where am I going?

Postby karen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 am

Understand how you feel Cas , yes things have changed as we know , and a lot missed re what used to be posted and talked about ..from the quiz , to what people had being doing .. don't get this now as all on FB, as we know .. Well done you re all the posts , and these not mentioned anymore either .. you are keeping LTD alive , thank you xx
Last edited by karen on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
karen
I only want to be with you
I only want to be with you

Postby pat.dunham » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 am

I agree with all that has been said. Unfortunately there are so many Dusty sites that items of interest get missed.
I am signed on to FB but I never post.

My life, of late, has been chaotic but the one constant I have is Dusty and LTD :love:
I'd rather see the world the way it used to be.......
..I'm goin' back.

Pat x
pat.dunham
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby trek007 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 pm

It would be nice to see more posts on here as well as Facebook. There is room for both!

I think the responses on FB are instant and that keeps things moving better.
It's easier to post photos on FB too.
However if we all make a special effort we can keep things ticking over better on LTD :yes:
Trekx. Often called Carole.

Ev'rything's coming up Dusty.
trek007
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Cas19 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:13 am

Thank you for all your responses, it is difficult , but yes I feel theres room for both fb and LTD. We just need to make an effort.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby darren2722 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:50 pm

This was the first Dusty Site I found and for me it remains the benchmark for all the others that followed. I would liken the facebook Dusty sites as kind of a fast food fix and Lets Talk Dusty as more of a gourmet meal to be savoured and like Corinna says It's kind of the Encyclopedia Of Dusty that I keep coming back too time and time again and try to post at as much as possible. Of course like Trek and Cas say there is room for both the quick Dusty fix if you like and the longer, enjoyable wallow in all things Dusty that is LTD.

The membership is still thriving here and the amount of people tuning in always seems to be a huge number, so that is good news. [8D]

Major congratulations on the 22,000 posts Cas, that's a astonishing feat. :dig:
I Couldn't Ask For More
darren2722
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby Cas19 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 am

Thank you Darren and I think you have put it rather well about this site.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby Cardiff Bluesgirl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am

Well after watching channel 4 behind facebook investigation on dispatches last night it confirms my thoughts on the whole premise of facebook.
What a horrid set of parameters they teach the operators in regard to violent, bullying, child abuse videos that they review then allow to remain on the site. The excuses by upper management beggared belief. It was sickening that they allowed a clip showing a little boy being beaten and tormented by what turned out to be his " stepfather"
They tried to suggest it was left on there for educational purposes. They showed a schoolgirl being kicked and beaten up by another schoolgirl and left that on for the same reasons. Even when the mother was shown it and asked them to remove it to protect her daughter they wouldnt.
The trainers were telling the new recruits just mark them with a warning that under 16s couldnt open them, but had no proof who was opening them to view them.
I know the other aspects of facebook may well be the hook for people to join but the dark side of the site is behind that mask, purely to make money.
Much as i would like to see all the Dusty activity as it isnt getting posted on ltd much anymore, i just cant join that organisation.. [:(!]
"every day I find you're in my heart and on my mind"

"she was the very essence of fabness""

" its nice to rest for awhile thank you "

Liz
Cardiff Bluesgirl
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby IWannaBeABluesSinger » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 pm

I miss the activity on the board when I first joined too, Cas. But for my part I feel that I've said everything already, and I was repeating myself too often. I would never go near Facebook for love or money, so don't worry.

Maybe it's a natural progression for a board - frantically active, and then we all become lurkers.

Say hello to Alice for me.

Maggie
IWannaBeABluesSinger
I've got a good thing
I've got a good thing

Return to Welcome Home