Let's Talk Dusty - Facebook

Dusty News, General Dusty Chat,...all the Bits and Pieces that Don't Fit Elsewhere.

Let's Talk Dusty - Facebook

Postby humboldt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Who owns & runs Let's Talk Dusty - Facebook? I've just realised that only the owner can start threads with no opportunity for others to do so! I thought that I was creating a thread but discovered that it was just a post that no one will see unless they look hard. Not pleased at all considering that I was trying to remind folks how great this site still is.
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Re: Let's Talk Dusty - Facebook

Postby Corinna » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am

Cas is running the site. Maybe she can do something about the configuration so other people's threads show up. [:)]
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby humboldt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

I belong to several FB pages and all of them permit posters to start new topics! FB is killing this group and for why!
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Cas19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 am

I only put pics, news and videos on the site John, I don't own it in any way. I am no use with admin stuff. Its always been that way you describe. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby Corinna » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am

Cas, you mean the Let's Talk Dusty site? My impression was that you own it? Who owns it then? It's not me for sure.

Edit: Cas, you post as "Let's Talk Dusty", so you must be the owner. If you make me admin, I could help with the settings. x
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cas19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Maybe it was Nancy as she made me an admin so I could post some pics. If we do as you plan it would mean us sorting out anything weird or unwanted on the site. I haven't the time to do that. I just agreed to post pic and things. This is the LTD fb page I am on about.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby mas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Cas, thank you for all your hard work and effort running the LTD facebook page and the new Twitter account as well. In general, I have never been a fan of facebook; however, I enjoy viewing/reading all the things you post there including the photos, videos, etc. I find it very interesting and informative so I hope you will continue.
I may not always comment, but I appreciate the time you take to do all of this. I try and visit the LTD sites daily.

Unfortunately, the radio stations in the state where I live never play Dusty's songs so I have my own Dusty music
library. Those Stations don't know what quality music is! This Forum is a very good education! Take care.

Michele
mas
Little by little
Little by little

Postby Cas19 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Thank you so much Michele, I appreciate your kind words. I will indeed continue to post whenever I can. Its difficult to find new pics, new articles etc, but I just start again with whatever I can.
Keep listening to Dusty!

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Return to Don't Forget About Me