Dusty (the next show)

Dusty News, General Dusty Chat,...all the Bits and Pieces that Don't Fit Elsewhere.

Re: Dusty (the next show)

Postby daydreamer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm

I was happy with it too Trek. I liked that they said JH's script has made Dusty so funny and that the lyrics set the scenes rather than just be inserted as in a Juke Box musical. Knowing that it is going from the beginning of her solo career to when she died, means we are likely due for a cry at the end, especially as it features Goin' Back at that point. I liked how they all spoke so highly of Dusty, and though they will no doubt feature some of the bad times, I'm feeling they will do it sympathetically. I hope so anyway!
There's a part of you, that's a part of me...

Carole x
daydreamer

Postby Cas19 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

I think it has potential too.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby daydreamer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 pm

A short clip of talk about Dusty plus a little music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXhQwgFpcY
There's a part of you, that's a part of me...

Carole x
daydreamer

Postby jennifer49 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:39 am

At last, my laptop in working order from just before Christmas.
Have booked to travel to Bath to see the show, Bath always being on my bucket list for places to visit as
wanting to see the Roman Baths. Kill two birds with one stone, why not.
There for a couple days, can't wait.
Are there any more dates planned? Had a quick look, can't see any but going to take me ages to catch up anyway.

Jennifer
jennifer49
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby Sweetbaby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Welcome back Jennifer.

According to the musical's official site there's still only the four engagements from the last week of June through July. It does seem curious that a major production would be put together for such a scant run: sorry to rag on the 2015 Charing Cross Dusty - all involved in which I'm sure wanted to do right by Dusty - but I suspect that "the new Dusty Springfield musical" (with "new" stressed) is deliberately playing a few "provincial" dates to garner good reviews with which to launch a West End run or at least an expanded tour, those reviews being felt necessary to distinguish this Dusty musical from the Charing Cross production (the upcoming musical's early promo did in fact overtly state its non-connection with the Charing Cross production).

Any way - hopefully those good reviews will indeed begin to get garnered in just a week's time. Of course I trust my board buds lucky enough to be in attendance won't hold back their feelings on the show - you don't have to say you love it but I hope you do!

BTW - if any one's interested in signing up to receive email updates on the musical, click here: http://www.dustyspringfieldmusical.com/ ... letter.php
Sweetbaby
Wasn't born to follow
Wasn't born to follow

Postby Sweetbaby » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:23 pm

ImageIn a new interview Katherine Kingsley responds to the concern "that die-hard Springfield fans might take offence at the warts-and-all nature of the show": “I’m prepared for people to be unimpressed. We are not bringing Dusty back to life. What I hope people will take away is an honest account of an inspirational performer and a life worth living." You can view the entire interview here: https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/int ... s-want-go/
Sweetbaby
Wasn't born to follow
Wasn't born to follow

Postby trek007 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:51 pm

It's a fair comment for Katherine to say Dusty went through some very difficult times, but I hope they don't completely dominate the show. There has to be a strong balance between the good times and the not so good with the good times dominating.
Trekx. Often called Carole.

Ev'rything's coming up Dusty.
trek007
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Corinna » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am

Living in Sweden, I didn't have the opportunity to see any of the previous musicals about Dusty's life (I did see Son of a Preacher Man, which I quite liked). But I booked a ticket for this one, fingers crossed they found a good work-life balance ;)

Jennifer, I loved Bath! Wonderful city, enjoy! And let us have your review of the musical, please.
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm

A friend of mine who lives in Bath says that the whole town is buzzing with Dusty everywhere....I will see for myself at the weekend!!
Wally x
wally
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby jennifer49 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 am

Thankyou Sweetbaby and Corinna for your good wishes and yes I will certainly post a review once I've
seen the show, and to Wally enjoy too.

Jennifer
jennifer49
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby Cas19 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 am

That can only be good then Wally. Enjoy the Show and I look forward to seeing it twice in Salford.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby Kate » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Massive 'Good Luck' to the cast of Dusty, The Musical. Sure they will do Dusty proud and introduce many new people to her wonderful voice. Looking forwards to seeing the production at the Lyceum in Sheffield. Really cannot wait!
Kate
Little by little
Little by little

Postby pat.dunham » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 pm

NEWS ALERT !!
It appears that the new Dusty show in Bath has cancelled the First night, 23rd June. . No further details at moment.
Last edited by pat.dunham on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather see the world the way it used to be.......
..I'm goin' back.

Pat x
pat.dunham
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby pat.dunham » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 pm

UPDATE>

According to Theatre Royal Bath web, Dusty show will open TUESDAY 26th JUNE - no reason given..
I'd rather see the world the way it used to be.......
..I'm goin' back.

Pat x
pat.dunham
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Previous

Return to Don't Forget About Me