Okay, I gotta say something here...

Dusty News, General Dusty Chat,...all the Bits and Pieces that Don't Fit Elsewhere.

Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby JMFabianoRPL » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Wanted to do a post of its own instead of continue in the RIP Maggie thread, as that would overshadow the sadness of losing her. (I did edit down the post that led me to address what I'm about to address, BTW...)

Just wanted to apologize if I went over the line. Basically I was sad about Maggie's passing but then also mad that it seems like we lose all of Dusty's real friends first. So I took it out on the people still around who were not true friends or even enemies of her. No wishing death on people doesn't solve anything. And I guess deep down, I don't want to go that extreme. If anything, I want those enemies and fake friends to be defeated, to be humble, and sorry for what they did. It does try your patience though...I've waited 20 years almost and we've never gotten any of the above, sadly. I've had to grapple with my anger over what people like this did during this time too. And I still think it's adversely affected the way people treat Dusty. If it wasn't for DWD (which I think is at least partially pathological lies as it is), would certain other written works and plays have the tone they did? Or would they have concentrated on the music as we wanted????

As for the comment that Dusty wouldn't go to those extremes with her feelings, perhaps. But I'm sure she'd be tested like never before if she was still here and had to see the books, articles, and lies told about her. And bloody heck, the Internet and TMZ Age we live in now! It would just cause even more trouble! But that's another story for another day!
Last edited by JMFabianoRPL on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMFabianoRPL
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby humboldt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Thank you for that. BTW the person to whom I think you were referring to is currently battling a serious illness. Let's wish her a speedy & full recovery.
Image
User avatar
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:42 am
Location: UK

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby JMFabianoRPL » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 pm

I'm glad you appreciate it. But...it's a complicated situation as I still have many hard feelings like I said. For the reasons I mentioned above. Sad that I can't conquer all of those feelings after 2 decades? Perhaps. But that's how it is. I still am looking for the answer.
JMFabianoRPL
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby Douggie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:45 am

JMFabianoRPL wrote:Wanted to do a post of its own instead of continue in the RIP Maggie thread, as that would overshadow the sadness of losing her. (I did edit down the post that led me to address what I'm about to address, BTW...)

Just wanted to apologize if I went over the line. Basically I was sad about Maggie's passing but then also mad that it seems like we lose all of Dusty's real friends first. So I took it out on the people still around who were not true friends or even enemies of her. No wishing death on people doesn't solve anything. And I guess deep down, I don't want to go that extreme. If anything, I want those enemies and fake friends to be defeated, to be humble, and sorry for what they did. It does try your patience though...I've waited 20 years almost and we've never gotten any of the above, sadly. I've had to grapple with my anger over what people like this did during this time too. And I still think it's adversely affected the way people treat Dusty. If it wasn't for DWD (which I think is at least partially pathological lies as it is), would certain other written works and plays have the tone they did? Or would they have concentrated on the music as we wanted????

As for the comment that Dusty wouldn't go to those extremes with her feelings, perhaps. But I'm sure she'd be tested like never before if she was still here and had to see the books, articles, and lies told about her. And bloody heck, the Internet and TMZ Age we live in now! It would just cause even more trouble! But that's another story for another day!
humboldt wrote:Thank you for that. BTW the person to whom I think you were referring to is currently battling a serious illness. Let's wish her a speedy & full recovery.
JMFabianoRPL wrote:I'm glad you appreciate it. But...it's a complicated situation as I still have many hard feelings like I said. For the reasons I mentioned above. Sad that I can't conquer all of those feelings after 2 decades? Perhaps. But that's how it is. I still am looking for the answer.


Hi
I would just like to say that there are still quite a few REAL friends that are well and still alive. We all hope that things stay that way for many more years to come as I consider that I am one of them also!
I too get upset at things that people take for granted about Dusty as most of them have no idea of how things were and the reasons why. They only go on hear say! Never knowing Dusty or those people who loved her without question. I think that someone (A Real Friend) one day will bite the bullet and upset all those that made up things to sell books to make money. Most of these books and shows are about making money. That is one of the reasons I am not too keen on so called musicals where they may just sing one, two or more of her songs then say it's a show about (infer) Dusty. It just other people trying to sing Dusty's songs, and we all know they can't! Not like Dusty anyway. Watch a DVD or play her CD's or records.
Reading some of these books is like reading the whole book only to find out at the end that 25% of the pages and story line are missing. You know this to be true as some of the missing pages and stories you know about are not included!
I understand some of the frustration in this. However those that know aren't telling as trust is what it is all about, not money or notoriety.

<3 Dusty :thumbsup: :note:

Douggie
The Truth is Out There
User avatar
Douggie
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby Cardiff Bluesgirl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:53 am

I couldnt agree more Douggie, all these musicals etc in the last few years and all the ones that didnt make it to a stage seem to be with little sensitivity for the singer and the song. As you say someone dressed up trying to sing like her just doesnt appeal at all. Noone can sing like her and certainly noone looks like her. I wish they would all leave her alone and just enjoy the musical soundtrack she left behind , it cant be replicated.
"every day I find you're in my heart and on my mind"

"she was the very essence of fabness""

" its nice to rest for awhile thank you "

Liz
User avatar
Cardiff Bluesgirl
Someone who cares
Someone who cares
 
Posts: 6810
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am
Location: cardiff

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby Douggie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you Liz..

<3 Dusty <3
Last edited by Douggie on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth is Out There
User avatar
Douggie
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby Douggie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 am

Thank you Liz.. <3

Nothing will bring her back no matter what people want or hope for.
She simply will not magically re appear from behind a curtain saying boo!!
Fooled You!! Then for her to start singing all her songs.
It won't happen and I can't see anybody getting her voice, her personality as
well as her stage presence together. Much as we all hope this could be the case.
She was a unique singer and a special person. It will be many more years before
there is anyone who can come close to who she was and how she sang.
There are many great singers around but no Dusty's.
Just remember what she left us and to enjoy her legacy.


<3 Dusty :thumbsup: :note:

Douggie
The Truth is Out There
User avatar
Douggie
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby JMFabianoRPL » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Cardiff Bluesgirl wrote:I couldnt agree more Douggie, all these musicals etc in the last few years and all the ones that didnt make it to a stage seem to be with little sensitivity for the singer and the song. As you say someone dressed up trying to sing like her just doesnt appeal at all. Noone can sing like her and certainly noone looks like her. I wish they would all leave her alone and just enjoy the musical soundtrack she left behind , it cant be replicated.


And this is the thing. Ever since you know what was released in 2000 (to a lesser extent, Definitely Dusty the documentary...say what was the most annoying thing about both again?), the flood gates have been opened for everyone to talk that way about Dusty. This is a part of my resentment towards certain people and the ill feelings existing in my fandom for the last 20 years or so.
JMFabianoRPL
I'll try anything
I'll try anything
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 am

Re: Okay, I gotta say something here...

Postby karl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Well said Douggie.

I am booked to see the new musical in Newcastle in July and I am hoping it will be as great as the musical on Cilla which is outstanding, Dusty deserves such treatment.

Soo far the best "Dusty" I have seen was in a one hour play in Glasgow last year as part of their Play A Pie And A Pint series. The girl who played Dusty had obviously done her homework and her vocals were good too and I told her so afterwards. And the week's run was sold out, I would like to think that's because it was about Dusty and her music.

By the way the band also doubled as the South African Police and their portrayal of how they tried to intimidate Dusty and The Echoes against each other was chilling done - that must have been a very traumatic time for them all.
karl
I start counting
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 am


Return to Don't Forget About Me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron