LTD will close December 31

Dusty's Recordings and Performances.

LTD will close December 31

Postby Corinna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 pm

As previously announced, on December 31, the Let’s Talk Dusty! forum will close down. It will, however, live on in a different incarnation, as a knowledge base, at this link: http://dustyspringfield.org.uk/site/ There, everything we’ve written about Dusty is preserved in searchable PDFs, over 2,000 in fact, which makes it THE goto-place for reliable facts about Dusty. There’s also a large gallery (nearly 20,000 images!) with every picture of Dusty ever posted on the forum. It’s my hope that you will find it a useful resource.

With that said, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for your support, participation and enthusiasm through the years to everyone who kept the forum going for 13 years – everyone on the LTD team; every member who shared their love of Dusty and her music, and their memories and photos in numerous posts; everyone who generously donated to our flower & animal charity funds in memory of Dusty –

Cas19, karen, Brian, darren2722, Cardiff Bluesgirl, jeffery, allherfaces, wally, dusty nut, pat.dunham, trek007, humboldt, daydreamer, neonouille, Clive, SweMaria, Carole R., Rob, Frans, Sweetbaby, Hampson, mnmcv1, Pudge, Zoey, paula, charlotte, Chris80, FionaJ, boztiggs, IWannaBeABluesSinger, Sue, Dotty86, Beautiful soul, krupert, villagegirl, Cecelia, Lucy, hedydust, mssdusty, Starlight, Sara, Michael Muccino, countrycake, RenegadesEPC, donellac, terri, dustylover, Kyles Beguiles, fobakawa, Kathy, seamist1, Dustyweston, Laura, AGirlCalledHannah, oboe93, kellymuses, MissDustyFanatic, dustyfan92, DustysBoy, Tommy Stevens, FairyDusty, st louis blues, jessicarc14, nevertoolate, ErgoFergo, Mark, Tom Lovett, dig123, memphisinlondon, LilCajunGirl, Dustymike, jennifer49, Britlin, edjames, DustysGirl, BornTooLate, Britpop, JMFabianoRPL, Douggie, Will, Richard, al14, viper, small town girl, Angel, Graham2010, thc@c, andyp, dave d, dibley, spooky1, Snowbird, Duster, marg, Baby Blue, Tez, gmoyle, anagrant90, DustyDanny, betsy, A Girl Called Christal, john 1, james, lsparks18, pattigee, LLDavid, mikeh69, Sarah, Chrispld, Reece, SteveQ, Chris66, MercyMe, Tim, Brenda king, pandy063, PeelMeAGrape, ecege, cMdM333, Jonathan, smallworld, misty, Jackflash, T.T. Thomas, neilallenuk, Scarlett_O, annimac, Mare Luvs Dust, Vangrrl, karl, JohnHarding, dancer8595, SmallTownGirl, DivineDusty, mas, DustyBud, naw zar, dustydimensions, Dandy, Mikey_C, Kate, Checkmate, Jen, musicfanatic, renge36, dusty_freak, Christianbrahm, Susan, YoungDusty23, Stew, shelleymary, Tupelo Honey, Marco, zg_250, Janey, jodiewafer, mallynewcastle, john 261, Michael Davenport, DelphinLaSpiga, Kristel, everard, John M, trooper, windymill, Skye, KajunKween26, Manny, SeeAllHerFaces, InaDustytrance, Lunarose1971, bitacora, sam_c, nicole, dustysthe1, RBD, nicole, lesleysuegorefan, PeterP, Dee Votion, Dusty Seagoon, LoonyGoon, phyettb, Peaches, allhitradio, Mads, cornwall1789, Dusty's Riviera, chessparrot, chris666, sbdusty, James not jim, Heather, JustSheena, emjel, MichaelF, DavidAFranklin, Ralph, Andrew J, Ducky, badger54, scress, Earthbound Gypsy, kieva, ymerejny, skylark33, Sunshine, Alby, pattaylor, Chris_Sydney, Iceman, mockingbird, Karis!, Mitzi56, Vicky, Victor, QueenBee, Dangib, waddlyatcha, nmajor, pooksahib, Nicola1990, Ray Whitehand, Sean, lemoncurd, leahc1984, David, BetteBJ, rediffusion, idh7, sherlo, Ron57, brightman, Egerton, Eli Cohen, missyabrahams, zoby1000, martymcsmith, IrishTV, BESTFRIEND4LFE, StuartUK, Lpman, Springer, vanripm5, RoyBrown, timt_88, rowley, ICME, dustylicious, Mr Soul, ramaddenjones, Christian, Rich T, mewmew88, LondonVic, Who will take my place, kris75, Kevin, michaeldila, Rob H., denhutch, Soul voice lover, wrobbins, snoop1974, CEH, effie, Pete Marshall, compasspnt, Hopeful of Scunthorpe, LeedsLFH, TONY CASH, revivalmusic, eloise, henley334578, rygr200, hilljo, rearmiend, ItAintAllHoneyAndItAintAllJam, mary, Briony, MADABOUTDUSTY, bobbie, tinnymay, Dez, Memo Arts Centre, HelloFox, jhillier, torontotom, drawderm, BigChristoff, dolphinstudy, SoulMusicFan, cotton, Sofy, ACE2010, Amanda35, kalvin_stardust, johne99, DavidA, faust, naryet12, starmelts, patyoliva, marianopr, Paul, paulasmusic, Genie, happybrasilia, Tori1406, juliamartin, Antonio B, sambeckwith, JanetLeeuwerik, jacko, Ryan Clark, Ljohnson62, petertohen, Robin, merric, Myeinstienbby, Phelps

In memory of Nancy, Rob, and Brian

And, of course, with love to the lady who brought us all together – the late, great, Dusty Springfield <3

dusty (254).jpg
dusty (254).jpg (13.29 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LTD will close December 31

Postby daydreamer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Thank you Corinna, so much history and personal memories enclosed in this site. I'm delighted that it will still live on and that we wont lose all those years of posts. Thanks team for all your hard work xx
There's a part of you, that's a part of me...

Carole x
daydreamer

Postby IWannaBeABluesSinger » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:45 am

Let me add a personal thanks, Corinna [bow], and to all the founders and admins of this congenial gathering place [bow] . My love of Dusty's music had been somewhat dormant for many decades but it now burns bright and enduringly thanks to having had the opportunity to learn all things Dusty :love: :love: [yahoo] :yes:

Maggie
IWannaBeABluesSinger
I've got a good thing
I've got a good thing

Postby Cas19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:35 am

Thank you Cor and to everyone. It still makes me feel sad, but its so good to know that part of LTD lives on.
Thank you all for being part of my life for so long.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby karen » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks Cor for all you have said ,and all done by you and others through the years .. x at least we have something of LTD to look back on ..and memories of Dusty will never leave us .. :note: :thumbsup: [:)] :star:
karen
I only want to be with you
I only want to be with you

Postby Cardiff Bluesgirl » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:49 pm

" tell me it's not true. ...." [:(]
As it comes nearer , it is so sad . I will miss it so much.
Thanks again for everyone who has posted here and made friends through our shared love for All things Dusty.
Thanks for all the work keeping the site going and for those we have lost along the way.
I have loved being on here. Cheers to all of us and most of all to Dusty. <3
"every day I find you're in my heart and on my mind"

"she was the very essence of fabness""

" its nice to rest for awhile thank you "

Liz
Cardiff Bluesgirl
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby Michael Muccino » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:21 am

Thank you to all of the friends I've made here over the past 10 years. Sharing our love for Dusty and her music will continue though.
Michael Muccino
Where am I going?
Where am I going?

Return to You Set My Dreams To Music