Dusty Live at the Drury Lane CD

Dusty's Recordings and Performances.

Dusty Live at the Drury Lane CD

Postby neonouille » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm

http://www.ioffer.com/i/dusty-springfie ... -146447431
rEBboG5iIwqsrYR[1].jpg

Did you know this CD exists? Because it's new for me and I don't know if it's a good thing to buy it.
Here's the original site: http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/dusty%20springfield
Samuel (Sam or Hawkeye) [:)]
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Re: Dusty Live at the Drury Lane CD

Postby jeffery » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 pm

:shock: Samuel, you blow me away! :party:
We can always count on you to come up with something exotic. :thumbsup:
" The man with the child in his eyes ".... Jeffery
jeffery
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby karen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:53 am

Checked on this Samuel, the CD is digitally enhanced from the original tape recorded from the audience.

Karen.
karen
I only want to be with you
I only want to be with you

Postby Corinna » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

Looks nicely done indeed, this particular one was new to me! You're really good at finding stuff, Samuel!
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby humboldt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:13 am

It's a bootleg CD. No one but the seller benefits! Not Dusty, not the musicians, nobody. :no:
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby neonouille » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Ok, but just to be sure: The video of the show doesn't exist, isn't it :?:
Because it would be nice to have a DVD on this. :pensive:
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Corinna » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm

I wonder who the seller is? He or she has several Dusty bootleg CDs on offer with interviews etc. They look nicely done, but they're very expensive.

And, well, you could call the live CDs we offer bootlegs, too. Even though it's the Marsden (and not LTD) who benefit, and we offer them at cost. But think of the Dusty material we wouldn't have heard if we only relied on official releases - where the record company benefits mainly, rather than the artist. Sadly, Dusty herself won't benefit from any release (bootleg or not) anymore.

This is really a grey zone, especially where interviews and live performances are concerned. For me, if I bought a CD from this particular site, it would depend on the seller's intention. If s/he's putting the money into their own pockets, maybe not. If they donate it to charity, I might think different. What I'm trying to say - with our own CD offers in mind - is that it's not always as easy as "bootleg = bad".
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby neonouille » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Interesting comment, Corinna! It's true that it's a difficult question.
And with your comment in same time of me, I think mine has passed unnoticed. [V]
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby allherfaces » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:01 pm

No, Samuel, there is no DVD official or unofficial, of that concert. But there is RAH from the same year.

I would loved to have seen the concert at Drury Lane. If it is the theatre I'm thinking of, I've seen a couple of plays there--it's a much more intimate setting than the Royal Albert Hall.

About this recording -- sounds like a fan recorded it from the audience and now someone has digitally enhanced it--makes me wonder how good the quality could be. If it were a fan sharing with other fans, I might consider listening to it out of curiosity. But I would not want to pay money from someone who is just profitting from it without any money going to any worthy cause. What Cor says about LTD offerings are true, but more so -- what I mean is that LTDers such as Rob and Cor are paying for the media and the shipping; so any money collected doesn't even go to cover those costs--it goes right into the charity pot.

So I think Cor is right, intent is important. Along those lines, It's also important to support people like Paul Howes who spends time and money to get rights to things like Dusty in Deutschland to offer to us fans. And he donates profits to the Marsden too.
x
Bosseh
There's something in my soul that will always lead me back to you.
allherfaces
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby humboldt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Folks, I don't consider what LTD offers as 'bootlegs' in the true sense of the word. No one is out to make a financial gain. However I'm 100% certain that in this instance the only one benefiting is the seller who probably makes £15 profit on each sale. If any part of that had been going to charity it would have said. I have a feeling that I know who the seller is and he's been taken to task about this before. :no:
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby jeffery » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

<3 :rose: <3
One of the reasons I joined LTD is because I learned from Simon, and his site about the goodwill, and charities among LTD'ers. I don't have much to give, so I figured I'd funnel as much of my time and purchases as I could this way. On the other hand :roll: in terms of special interests you get what you want were it's available.
Take myself for example. That DVD of the Drury Lane concert would be the only way I could see Dusty perform the song "Man With The Child In His Eyes". As bad as I want it, I still don't know that I'm ready to send that seller my cash. If you were a person who was at that concert I bet you'd buy that DVD even if it was average in quality. :?
jeffery
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby humboldt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Jeffery, there is no video or DVD of the Drury Lane concert. What is being sold is a cd-r. And no, I would not line this sellers pocket. If you want to hear 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' I'll gladly send it to you. [:)]
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby allherfaces » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:04 pm

It's good to hear LTD has that kind of reputation, Jeffrey. Please note that what this buyer has for sale is the CD, NOT the DVD. There was no video recording of the concert, to my knowledge. As for a CD of the concert, I have a copy someone gave me--I'm not sure if it's been enhanced or not, but I'm happy to share it with you or anyone else dying to have it, just email me your mailing address. If you want to donate something in return--any amount appreciated--I'll use it to help buy some flowers for Dusty's grave when Cor and I visit in a few weeks.
x
Bosseh
allherfaces
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby jeffery » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 pm

[:)] Yeh, sometimes I breeze thru on the hurry-up. ( Bi-focal glasses are my excuse for many misinterpretations ) Thanks for pointing that out for me. The package could fool someone. And thanks John, you already gave me a link to the MWTCIHE. :thumbsup: I gotta check todays e-mail closer I think you saved the VW's 60's BBC Radio broadcast for me too. [:D]
jeffery
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby neonouille » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm

allherfaces wrote:It's good to hear LTD has that kind of reputation, Jeffrey. Please note that what this buyer has for sale is the CD, NOT the DVD. There was no video recording of the concert, to my knowledge. As for a CD of the concert, I have a copy someone gave me--I'm not sure if it's been enhanced or not, but I'm happy to share it with you or anyone else dying to have it, just email me your mailing address. If you want to donate something in return--any amount appreciated--I'll use it to help buy some flowers for Dusty's grave when Cor and I visit in a few weeks.

http://www.cptelecom.net/mbayly/interview2.htm
On this site, Simon Bell said ''I still have the tapes [...]''. I hope it's still the case today.
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Cas19 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Hadn't seen this at all Samuel, sure looks interesting. Thank you.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby allherfaces » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm guess that when Simon says he still has the tapes he means audio tapes, but maybe I'm wrong. You could certain write to him and ask.
x
Bosseh
allherfaces
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby neonouille » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 pm

allherfaces wrote:I'm guess that when Simon says he still has the tapes he means audio tapes, but maybe I'm wrong. You could certain write to him and ask.

Me?! [:I] I'm too shy to ask him myself. With my imperfect english, I would have too fear to do some mistakes.
Unless you didn't talk of me. :?
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Tommy Stevens » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Someone could buy one copy and put it up on a bittorrent site so that it circulates to fans for free.
Tommy Stevens
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby memphisinlondon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Just to say I think 'bootlegs' are fine as long as buyers don't expect great quality. On the other hand they'll get an idea of how good a live performance actually was or they'll get to hear tracks they wouldn't otherwise be allowed to. Bootlegs are not a mass market (they are for true fans only) and frankly I don't see what harm they do. We swap tracks easily enough through the miracle of MP3s. There is no new commercial Dusty product so why not buy an otherwise unavailable Dusty 'bootleg'? I don't think it's a crime. I think it's a fan thing.

I have a few bootlegs. Mainly Dusty and mainly freely given by other Dusty fans. I'm glad to have them because I can't imagine them ever being released by a record company so where's the hurt? If they are so released I will buy them immediately. Bootlegs are what true fans will buy or accept free from other fans. If bootlegs were copies of commercially available albums then we would be taking away from the artists that are owed royalties -many aren't (but some of Dusty's albums cost an arm and a leg because they are deleted - so fans help out now and then with copies) but most bootlegs are of deleted and unavailable or, according to the artist or record company, uncommercial tracks. David Bowie and other artists are content with bootlegs, presumably because it means the fans are active and are proving demand. Bowie has started to formalise important bootlegs and is making them freely available. Dusty is not alive and her promotion company, if it exists, is seemingly dormant. So what can Dusty fans do? I think bootlegs are just a part of living Dusty fandom and, in Dusty's case, they are generally a good thing.

How many of us on LTD have the Drury Lane concert and have shared tracks? I have to own up to that one.
Memphis
Ever since we met...
memphisinlondon
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby humboldt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:33 pm

I used to think that bootlegs didn't do any harm until I realised the following are true:

The songwriters are cheated

The musicians are cheated

The artists are cheated

The publishers are cheated

The copywriters of any photos etc are cheated

The public are cheated as I have been as I bought my 1st bootlegs in HMV in London!

Bootlegging is theft as the bootlegger does not own the rights to the music he is selling. That is the law.

Sharing music with friends for no financial gain is a very grey area but most of us do that even though it's also an illegal practice.

Putting music on blogs, You Tube, fan sites like LTD etc is also against the law regardless as to whether it's OOP or not. My own group felt the wrath of Universal 3 years ago when I put a 'wrong' track online which people could copy. One of my own members kindly pointed it out to them! Sometimes a friend is an enemy you just can't see! In my defence I said that I didn't mean any harm and that I was just trying to promote a new CD for them. I actually thought that my group would be closed down all for the sake of one track! Since that day I have a no music rule or links to blogs or illegal downloads. What happens off the group is of course no concern of mine.

So what I think I'm saying is 'buyer beware' that the only person to gain financially is the bootlegger. Also LTD & others beware as you never know who is watching or wants to cause trouble.
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby memphisinlondon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Humboldt - How are all those people cheated when their work is not available for purchase and probably never will be? If they are fit and healthy and keep up with their bootleg sales they can at least make a bit of dosh from live performances, or, if they have the power, by formalising popular bootlegs. If they can't or won't do either then it's a shame that their record companies won't release their work for public sale. For instance, there are original Beatles fans that will die still waiting for the official releases of rare tracks. Who else is gonna buy them? That's where the bootleggers step in. To fill a glaring gap.

In any case, the younger generation don't buy music like in the old days and artists that are aware of this treat their musical product differently because they don't make that much money from CD sales. I remember getting Prince's latest CD free in the Daily Mail (yes, I bought that paper a few times to get freebies!). Prince made money by me and thousands of others buying a ticket to see him at the O2. The free album was his advert.
Memphis
Ever since we met...
memphisinlondon
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby humboldt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Melanie dear, we will just have to agree to differ on this one [:)]
humboldt
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby memphisinlondon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 pm

O.K! [:)]
Memphis
Ever since we met...
memphisinlondon
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby allhitradio » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:10 am

Humboldt is absolutely right. This is just as wrong as fake designer clothes etc that a churned out by people after a quick profit, regardless of how shoddy the goods are.

That CD is plastered with my photos, which have been reproduced without my permission and wthout any fee to me. Whilst I am happy to share much of my past work with people for their own enjoyment (and, indeed, Simon, who has auctioned off several of my prints for charity at the last few Dusty days) it is quite another matter when someone is producing something like this in order to line their own pocket.

Looking at this CD, I feel like I've been ripped off quick honestly.

Tony
allhitradio
I start counting

Postby Corinna » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Tony - why not contact the seller and point that out to him? That might frighten him enough to withdraw his stuff.
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daydreamer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Tony, I can see why that would annoy you and I agree, you should contact the guy and let him know you're not well pleased. Once pics are on the internet, it's difficult to stop them from being used in all directions. As for bootlegs, I'm not against them if there is absolutely no other way of getting the material. I would like everything of Dusty's that I could get my hands on, outtakes, alternate vocals, fans recordings from TV, radio or concert and I would absolutely love it if anything in decent quality could find itself on CD or DVD from proper sources. We've a lot to thank Paul Howes for when it comes to "real" releases and hopefully there will be more in the future. I've had the Drury Lane tape for quite a few years now, there may have been more than one recording done during the 3 nights Dusty was there, but the ones that have come in my direction have turned out to be the same recording. It's not great but if you want to hear the response the audience give to Dusty during "I'm Coming Home Again", it's worth getting a copy......but maybe not from this guy.
There's a part of you, that's a part of me...

Carole x
daydreamer

Postby neonouille » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:34 pm

I didn't want to start a debate, but now, the question is there.

I don't know how it works to make new DVDs or CDs with the copyrights, but it would be so simplier to have a collection box of the integral of Dusty. (audio and video)

Also, is it possible to have more audio recordings on DVD like Live at the BBC?
Is it just me, or I found the DVDs of Dusty, except the BBC, were a little bit too short?

But what I very don't like, is when we see a little video of a few seconds of a clip still not on DVD.

Am I the only one who want more long DVDs or more than one or two by year?
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Chris80 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Samuel I'm also disappointed with the shortness of Dusty's DVDs. I wonder why the hell they cutted the RAH DVD that much. The conert has a runtime of only ~50 min and I guess the real concert took the double time. I would love to see her performing more stuff from her latest albums of that time. The same on the Live at the BBC-DVD. There is no complete episode, although there are some more tracks of that shows on youtube.
Let's hope we'll get some more stuff in the future. :pensive: :thumbsup:
Don't let me lose this dream ...

Christoph
Chris80
Wasn't born to follow
Wasn't born to follow

Postby neonouille » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 pm

I forgot to say my reference, it's my other favourite singer Diane Dufresne.
In 2004, there was a collection box of 5 DVDs and the duration is 6 hours.
In 2005, there was another collection box 5 DVDs and the duration is 9 hours.
For a total of 15 hours of performances in DVD in 2 years.

Why it's not the same thing with Dusty?
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby neonouille » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 am

I finally asked two things at Simon Bell:
- I talked him about the link and if it exist an official recording of the concert.
- When he said ''I still have the tapes'' if it was audio or video.
Here's his answer:

Hi Samuel,

There is no official recording of the Drury Lane concerts. The link that you found must be a bootleg probably recorded from the audience.

I have poor quality cassette recordings which I did on stage, but they are not available. I must search them out, haven't listened to them in a while!

best regards

Simon

What do you think about that :?:
neonouille
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Clive » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 pm

thanks for this Samuel, I would guess that even though Simon describes his cassettes as poor quality that they would still be better than an audience recording. Maybe if he locates the cassettes he could play some of the them on his radio show?
Clive
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Corinna » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Good idea, Clive! Send in a request for that! :thumbsup:
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cardiff Bluesgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 pm

I suppose its a bit like people using mobile phones to record parts of concerts. I agree and disagree with lots of the views as I know its not good to rip off stuff for personal gain etc but at the same time I think most of us have the drury lane one that Carole is referring to and its such a treat to hear her in this even with the poor quality, at least that was used properly and benefited the Marsden, so I am happy with that.
its not in the same league as fake items being sold to punters as the real thing, this is Dusty recordings that fans did and shared. if the producers of these shows had thought to record proper copies for sale then noone would have to do this unfortunately they didnt ,a bit like the BBC erasing all her shows!! :no:
anything different with Dusty in is a huge temptation, I dont think anyone can say they have never bought anything in their life which might not stand up to scrutiny [?]
I will say again when you have people like Dave Clark sitting on all his stuff and for some daft reason not releasing it then its no wonder this sort of thing appears.
"every day I find you're in my heart and on my mind"

"she was the very essence of fabness""

" its nice to rest for awhile thank you "

Liz
Cardiff Bluesgirl
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby Kyles Beguiles » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am

I just found this thread, and was curious if there was any update as to whether Simon Bell found his Drury Lane tapes and if anyone has heard them? [:)]
"This rusty dusty heart of mine
How you've made it shine..."

"When in doubt, turn the echo nob up!"
"So you're the little lady who makes all the music..."
Kyles Beguiles
Where am I going?
Where am I going?

Postby Dustymike » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 pm

allherfaces wrote:It's good to hear LTD has that kind of reputation, Jeffrey. Please note that what this buyer has for sale is the CD, NOT the DVD. There was no video recording of the concert, to my knowledge. As for a CD of the concert, I have a copy someone gave me--I'm not sure if it's been enhanced or not, but I'm happy to share it with you or anyone else dying to have it, just email me your mailing address. If you want to donate something in return--any amount appreciated--I'll use it to help buy some flowers for Dusty's grave when Cor and I visit in a few weeks.

Hi, I have just read the above item and wondered if you were still willing to let fans have a copy of the CD??
Very best wishes............mike [:D]
There's a part of you that's a part of me and
no matter where I go it comes along
Dustymike
I'll try anything
I'll try anything

Postby allherfaces » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Check your email, Mike. [:)]
x
Bosseh
allherfaces
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby mikeh69 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:04 am

As much as I can see the the downside of this bootleg in terms of someone making 30 bucks from it. I would love to hear this recording unless the sound quality is bad. If someone can email me a copy or send it. I would donate money to the person to give to a charity. All I have is RAH dvd ( and now the 5 other video songs ) but I would love to hear that Drury Lane Cd. Mike
<3
mikeh69
Little by little
Little by little

Postby Corinna » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

It seems Nancy couldn't help you then, Mike? Check your PM's.
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loveemmy2016 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Corina,

Please post me Roberts address so i can post a cheque for this compact disc, it looks nicey produced,

I am touched by how helpful the fans have been in my return to Dustyville, very inspiring, and i just

love how collected ~Dusty's music is.

Looking for couples who are Dusty fans with my girlfriend for meal and retro chat but that will come

in time,

Thank you for your kindness,

Robert xx
loveemmy2016

Postby loveemmy2016 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:59 pm

I am . looking for friends maybe couples as i have a girlfriend for friendship a meal and 60s chat. I have a

girlfriend, with a love of world cinema the 60s old city and nature. Love to u all and thank you for your

kindness with my collection. I usually come on the Dusty forum Sundays, Robert xx
Attachments
Snapshot_20101031_1.jpg
loveemmy2016

Postby Corinna » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 am

Hello Robert, you can email Rob at robwilkins54@hotmail.com. He will provide you with his details.
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loveemmy2016 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Thank you.

Can you please send me details of how i can order this item.

There are some wonderful photographs on e-bay of Dusty, mostly in black and white.

Does any one know what future releases are planned for Dusty.

I work from home with a home study degree and enjoy world cinema nature and old cities with my girlfriend. I

am looking for Dusty fans in Scotland or North America, for days and a meal out in Dusty retro land.

Love to you all, and peacful Autumn.

"loveemmy2016@gmail.com"
Attachments
Snapshot_20101031_1.jpg
loveemmy2016

Postby Corinna » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 am

I thought I had done exactly that in my post above yours! [:D]

Email Rob at robwilkins54@hotmail.com, he will give you his address. Send him a cheque in the amount of £8. And the Drury Lane CD will be sent to you.

PS: I know what you look like by now. No need to post your picture every time. [:)]
Cor xx

Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loveemmy2016@gmail.com » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank you i am still looking for a copy of this CD. I hope universal release more for Dusty, especially the 70s

unreleased songs. Love Robert .
loveemmy2016@gmail.com

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi

Further to our exhachnge of e-mails please send donation through methods indicated and i'll get a copy to you.

R [:)] B
Rob

Return to You Set My Dreams To Music