Donations at Dusty Day, 2017

Raffles & sales with proceeds to our Dusty charities.

Donations at Dusty Day, 2017

Postby JohnHarding » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Like many, many others, I had a wonderful time at this year's Dusty Day celebrations. Simon, Paul, John, Clive and all others involved in the organisation, plus of course the visiting artistes, do a magnificent job and raise so much money for The Royal Marsden, as well as giving us all a fantastic afternoon's entertainment.

This is the first time I have attended since taking over the responsibilities of Rob Wilkins. I was therefore delighted to be approached by Julia Wilkins' friend Karen Jenkins, respresenting Lynn McDonough's Dusty Day's eve dinner group, who handed over a sizeable amount to be placed into the donations account in memory of Rob. I also received further donations from Dorn and Glenis. I have split the total of GBP305 between the three causes the funds are used to support more or less equally.

Thank you to ALL those who made a contribution to this donation - it made an already terrific day that much more special. I have already written to Julia Wilkins to let her know what has happened, and she too is delighted at the gesture.

John
JohnHarding

Re: Donations at Dusty Day, 2017

Postby Cas19 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:20 am

Well done to all those who attended the mini auction of Robs things and to Gary and Henry who also made contributions to the auction. We were all pleased by the amount raised.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Return to Wishin' and Hopin'