Celia Hammond Animal Trust (CHAT)

Raffles & sales with proceeds to our Dusty charities.

Celia Hammond Animal Trust (CHAT)

Postby JohnHarding » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Today I received the following letter from the Trust, originally addressed to Rob.

'I'm afraid I have some very sad news to bring you about your sponsored cat Geraldine.

Geraldine, who enjoyed a long and happy life living at our sanctuary in Brede, has sadly had to be put to sleep due to age related illness - we were unable to do any more to make her any more comfortable so felt it would be best to lay her to rest where she wouldn't be in any discomfort.

We are all so sad at the loss of Geraldine. She loved the home comforts of our sanctuary in Brede with all the other purring residents. As you know it took Geraldine a long time to adjust to what was for her a new way of life. Having previously never been outside, Geraldine was living in a house with 70 other cats under the care of someone who left her terrified and traumatized. We cannot thank you enough for helping to give Geraldine her happy ending that she so deserved. She will always have a special place in our hearts and will be greatly missed.

Please get in touch if you would like to sponsor another cat in the future.

Your continued support is very much appreciated, and I am sorry to have had to be the bearer of sad news.'

I spoke to the Trust today, and gave them my own contact details for future dealings in terms of sponsorship from LTD. Jemima, the Trust's representative who wrote to Rob, also expressed her condolences regarding Rob's sudden death. She asked whether the community would be interested in sponsoring another cat, since they are about to send out a request for backers for a new batch of 'orphans'. I asked her to send the details to me, and as soon as I have them, I shall let everyone know, and give an indication of the likely cost so that anyone interested in subscribing to this worthwhile endeavour can do so via LTD in memory of Dusty.

Best wishes to everyone.

John
JohnHarding

Re: Celia Hammond Animal Trust (CHAT)

Postby pat.dunham » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:23 am

Thanks John for telling us about CHAT and the passing of Geraldine. Dusty was a great supporter of Celia, in the early days, even going out with her "orphan" hunting. Look forward to adopting a new cat soon.
I'd rather see the world the way it used to be.......
..I'm goin' back.

Pat x
pat.dunham
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Cas19 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am

Sad news about the passing of Geraldine. I have helped to sponsor some of the cats by donating through LTD. If I can I will contiue to do so in the future.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby darren2722 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:29 am

Really sad news about Geraldine :rose: Thanks John for passing this on, and news about any potential new sponsor in the future.
I Couldn't Ask For More
darren2722
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby allherfaces » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Thank you for the update, John.
I'm glad we were able to help Geraldine have a better life.

<3 <3 <3
x
Bosseh
There's something in my soul that will always lead me back to you.
allherfaces
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby daydreamer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks John, I'd be very happy to see us sponsor another cat and do again what we did for Geraldine. I'm sure Dusty would approve, she'd no doubt do it herself if she could.
There's a part of you, that's a part of me...

Carole x
daydreamer

Return to Wishin' and Hopin'