Dusty's memorial at Henley

Raffles & sales with proceeds to our Dusty charities.

Dusty's memorial at Henley

Postby JohnHarding » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi everyone.
I arranged with Annette from The White Garden florist recently for the planter on Dusty's memorial to be refreshed, and for a Christmas wreath to be placed there too; given the bad weather at the time of ordering, Annette and I felt that a wreath would last much longer than flowers (it was snowing at the time!)

I also arranged for a gold star bearing the name Dusty Springfield to be attached to the Christmas tree at The Royal Marsden's Chelsea site, as has happened in recent years.

I'm also exploring the potential to sponsor more cats at The Celia Hammond Animal Trust - the two which the group have sponsored for the past year have now been taken off the sponsorship program. When there is more to report, I shall write again.

Meanwhile, I am going to attached photographs which Annette has sent to me of the new flowers and wreath in Henley.

None of these activities would be possible, of course, without the generosity of many members of this community, who make it possible to continue to honour Dusty's memory. To everyone here, I'd like to send my own best wishes for a happy and peaceful holiday season.

With all best wishes,

John
Attachments
Christmas 2017 1  - Copy.JPG
Christmas 2017 2 - Copy.JPG
Christmas 2017 3 - Copy.JPG
Christmas 2017 4 - Copy.JPG
JohnHarding
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dusty's memorial at Henley

Postby Corinna » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:32 pm

It looks absolutely lovely! Thank you, John! <3
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frans » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:38 pm

In one word: beautiful! Thank you very much! <3
canards, canaux, canailles
Frans
Wasn't born to follow
Wasn't born to follow

Postby trek007 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:06 pm

A good idea to put a Wreath on the Marker in the winter. It should last well and looks lovely.

Thanks for arranging this John and also of course to LTD for supporting the fund for flowers etc every year.
Trekx. Often called Carole.

Ev'rything's coming up Dusty.
trek007
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Postby Cas19 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:26 am

It looks lovely and very festive. Thank you John, also to the White Garden and to all at LTD.

Casx
Something in your eyes
Cas19
All I see is you
All I see is you

Postby karen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks for this John , yes the wreath will last longer , looks lovely , and thanks to Annette at The White Garden , and of course to all here at LTD for their support. Hope all have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year xx :rose: [:)]
karen
I only want to be with you
I only want to be with you

Postby darren2722 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks John, Fabulous photos . Thanks to everyone who makes this possible and to Annette at White Garden. xxx
I Couldn't Ask For More
darren2722
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Postby Kate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Once again I visited Dusty's Memorial in Henley between Christmas and New Year and thought that I just had to say how wonderful it looked.
Whilst I was there I spoke to a local lady who was passing and she remarked how impressed she was that Dusty's memory was been kept alive and that people took so much trouble to place flowers all year round.
Thank you John for arranging this and also to Let's Talk Dusty for supporting the flower fund. Your efforts don't go unnoticed.
Kate
I start counting

Return to Wishin' and Hopin'