THE POOL

For All Those Goonish Threads.

THE POOL

Postby betsy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I am still trying to work well with this site !
I had a comment I deleted but shall re-enter:

We have all heard of Dusty supposedly throwing things into her California pool. I don't blame her. I think the pressure must have been great to succeed in the U.S. And with the supposed attitude of a lover and/ or friends to do more, I too might fling things into my pool! I believe it would have been nice if loved ones gave her refuge and not more pressure. If she indeed "lounged about" with Mama Cass Elliot, good for her !
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Re: THE POOL

Postby Corinna » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:41 am

To my surprise, I recently found this odd book at a friend's house: "The Happy Medium", by Lee Everett [:o] from 1983, where she relates this story. They had eaten chicken and Dusty was afraid her cats would choke on the bones, if they got hold of them. None of the suggestions of where to dispose of the bones was accepted by Dusty, so the last resort was to throw them in the swimming pool. [:o] :lol: And while they were at it, various other things ended up there, too.

It's a shame they didn't know how to handle Dusty in the States, which probably didn't really help her mental problems... [:(]
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby betsy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:18 pm

No one could "handle" her.
The U.S. Is often just a dream which ends in a nightmare for many. Even so, I have read that Vickie said Dusty was "lazy" and that "Faye" (Sue) was critical of Dusty turning down great songs. That is pressure. Had I been her lover or even close friend, I would have "handled" it differently. Genius needs a rest, and a "nice girl" wanting to please or feels pressure to excel even further, can break someone. You cannot be as sensitive as Dusty was and not "break". But I have a long history with brilliant artists. You don't handle them. You care for them.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm

I wish Dusty never went to America. I wish this America thing never happened in Dusty 's life.
It is so painful .Sometimes ago , I watched so many of Dusty vids from 70's and I had to stop watching them totally.

I cant take the sadness of her eyes which reflected in all of her 70's vids. I cant take how unhappy and sad she was in those times.
Last edited by naw zar on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Edited
Last edited by betsy on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Wow Naw Zar ! I noticed the sadness in her eyes too. She tried so hard, so many do in the USA. The "system" can and does destroy people. Sue hid her identity for years (faye harris). No doubt this was a career choice. Fine. But she also identifies herself as an "advisor" to many in the entertainment world, including Dusty. In a biography about Dusty Sue relates how she told Dusty she was leaving her while Dusty was in the middle of a recording session and feeling "vulnerable". What horrible timing! Apparently it turned out to be an almost fatal day for Dusty. Sue also relates in same bio that "her friends" advised her to leave Dusty. Just leave. Isn't that nice? Luckily Dusty had other good friends that were tuned correctly and never abandoned her (actually saved her).
Some people are very "light weight" material, some not. The angels were on Dusty's side and still stay with her.
Hey! Welcome to LTD! I am fairly new too!
Blessings!
Betsy
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:51 pm

P.S. According to the Dusty bio referred to, Ms. Cameron of the "Hollywood Reporter", states : Dusty was JEALOUS of her!
I have only one response :
Hahahahaha!!!
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:00 pm

lol I like your response :D
In my opinion Sue Cameron never understands Dusty .
By the way , of all Dusty's ex girl friends , I like Helene Selly most. I am very happy Dusty had her till the end of life.
Last edited by naw zar on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm

And thank you for your greeting.
I am also very new to this forum and also very new Dusty's fan. I just happened to come across one of her songs on youtube a few months ago and slowly drawn into her.

Now I find myself as a huge Dusty fan and I am suprised I can be addicted to someone that much hee hee.

Anyway warmest greeting from South East Asia and nice to meet you .
.sorry for my bad English :P
God Bless.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:05 am

Your English is very fine!
Naw Zar, I believe she did truly love Dusty, but her actions I have
witnessed many times in people. I am a writer and poet (among other things). I once wrote a piece about people : there are three types when they see "blood". The first is the largest group that run away. The second is another group that "comes in for the kill". And the third and smallest group are those that extend their hand. Yes, Helene seems to have been in that last group and a gem!
All the best!
Betsy
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:59 am

Yep agree with you .I am so greatful to Helene for being always there for Dusty. Rest in peace these two beautiful souls.
For Sue Cameron case , I dont know it still can call as love ,if you can leave someone in trouble and run away .

From what I understand , loving someone means you want to make good and help the person at your best. No matter how painful u feel , u just simply cant leave and
you want to be there unselfishly for them always.

Just my two cents. :
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 pm

That is worth more than two cents Darling! It has no price!
Luv Ya!
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Regarding Helene... I believe she may possibly be living in California still and might be age 86. There are views on Internet search. Also a TCM (turner classic movies) with a "Definitely Dusty" film reference.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:32 am

Hi Betsy,

Helene has gone not long after Dusty's passing. Sorry I have edited for wrong info. Dusty 's bear was not kept by Helene. It was with Dusty till to the end and Pat kept it since then.

By the way , I love Dusty's secretary Pat Rhodes very much . She seems to be very genuine and tirelessly loyal to Dusty for all her life and I am very very thankful to her . Dusty is very lucky to have someone like her in her life.

Vicki seems to be a nice friend to some level too .
But in the end , I believe Vicki must have some fallen out with Dusty on money matters or whatever issue ..and she betrayed. I heard she signed a contract not to tell about Dusty's private life but in the end you know what happened in DWD. Sad case . I think that must be something to do with greed .
Last edited by naw zar on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks for the information.
Happy Einstein is home.
Love Pat.
Agree, Vickie may have made some mistakes. She admitted it later. Once a book is published, it is always present. It has some great value but no one should understand Dusty just by this book. Dusty had great instincts according to many. She actually predicted betrayal by those close to her. Again, that is the apparent story. Every legend has truth, half truths and lies about them. That is the price often paid for fame and tremendous talent.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby Sue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 pm

Just getting back to the chicken bones story - this might not be as crazy as it sounds. Everyone knows how much cats hate water...... :!:

Sue xx
Sue
I've got a good thing
I've got a good thing

Postby betsy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:05 pm

According to various accounts, Dusty liked throwing things. Apparently more than bones ended up in that pool. Originally the pool and home were somewhat of a gift for Sue. If upset with Cameron, what better way to express anger, even if unusual. At the end of her song "Second Time Around" when interrupted by someone bringing in the customary tray of tea, it ended up flying. The sounds end the sweet recording.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby jeffery » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:03 am

[8D] Hello Betsy !
I haven't been active on the forum for awhile, but I'm an undying Dusty fan, and tonight I happened onto your discussion of her pool tossing. I think your right about it being a carry-over from her china smashing days in England. Perhaps there was a shortage of china in Studio City. So once the chicken bones made their splash something had to follow. I read there was even a leg from a mannequin in there.
I like to refer to her time in America as her "wilderness years". [broken] I wish I would have met her during my time there. Not for love, or a relationship, but just to make her laugh, and maybe lift those sad eyes for a little bit. [^]
" The man with the child in his eyes ".... Jeffery
jeffery
Someone who cares
Someone who cares

Spike 100

Postby pat.dunham » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Today is also the birthday of Spike Milligan, he would have been 100. Spike known for "Bluebottle", in the Goon Show, was often imitated by Dusty. Spike wrote lots of goonish songs but he also wrote more serious music. "Goodbye" a love song. I'm not sure but I seem to have read that Spike wrote the song for Dusty, not to be confused with the Dusty/Norma song of the same title, using part of Bach's St Matthew passion music.

BBC Radio , this week are broadcasting programmes of interviews with Spike and readings by him of his poems and autobiography.

Sorry unable to change subject on index, which should read Spike 100.
I'd rather see the world the way it used to be.......
..I'm goin' back.

Pat x
pat.dunham
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Return to I Only Wanna Laugh