To Your Community. If you're a newbie, say hello here!

Postby dustydimensions » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:41 am

Hi y'all. [:)] - I'd like to introduce myself as a new member, after weeks of fascinating myself with several of the posts made in this forum. It's like a look of a comprehensive archive of Dusty!

I'm Jonathan and I'm from the United States; in the southern region, but I prefer not to disclose my city.

I am one of the recent younger fans of Dusty's music, specifically the kinds of people from the dusk of the 20th century toward the dawn of the 21st; and some social medium nowadays come natural to me, though there are a few which I ardently avoid since I'm an introverted dude myself. Years ago I had heard of her by name and reading popular music encyclopedias and articles about British rock, but I have never come to be aware of her potential until a music appreciation course led me to give a listen of her songs (starting with her early era and then progressing there and there; my latest listening of her is "Dusty in London" which cemented my appreciation then, especially her cover version of Leon Russell's "A Song for You".).

My username is a portmanteau of Dusty Springfield, and the Fifth Dimension (with an s, and an Oxford comma) simply put, because my latest obsession of music genre is soul and funk - but my heart lies with jazz, AOR, and a dabble of 1970s electronic music.

Nonetheless, I look forward to getting to know some people and try my best to be a participant of this community. [;)]
Last edited by dustydimensions on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gasp ... gasp ... splatter ... thud.
Jonathan, U. S.
Can be called Jon for short.
dustydimensions
I start counting

Re: New Member

Postby Corinna » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Jon, and welcome to the LTD family! Great to have you! [:D]

Feel free to browse around and ask any Dusty-related questions you like. We're a knowledgeable bunch, and you surely will find anything worth knowing about Dusty here.

Welcome aboard! [ear] :note:
Cor xx

Dusty Springfield, that's a pretty name
Pretty as a pearl
What a pretty girl
Corinna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Postby Cecelia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Jon. Welcome to all things Dusty. Nice to have you n
Cecelia