Petula Clark is poppin' back to the West End

Great Music--Other Than Dusty's.

Petula Clark is poppin' back to the West End

Postby Sweetbaby » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 am

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (73.22 KiB) Viewed 310 times
Dusty's fellow Britpop icon and vocal admirer Petula Clark is returning to the West End this October in a stage mounting of Mary Poppins. When I first saw the headline I assumed Petula would be playing the lead - and frankly I could totally see that! (And wish I could.) However Bonnie Langford's niece Zizi Strallen - who toured the British Isles as Mary Poppins four years ago - will be the show's star, while Petula will end her 22 year absence from the West End to cameo as the Bird Woman - and besides the character now singing her theme song Feed the Birds the show's producers have reportedly expanded the role in recognition of Petula's musical abilities. The article in the Daily Mail can be read here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ge-86.html
Sweetbaby
Wasn't born to follow
Wasn't born to follow

Re: Petula Clark is poppin' back to the West End

Postby trek007 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Such a trooper. She obviously really enjoys singing and should be Dame Petula in my opinion.
Trekx. Often called Carole.

Ev'rything's coming up Dusty.
trek007
Can I get a witness
Can I get a witness

Re: Petula Clark is poppin' back to the West End

Postby IWannaBeABluesSinger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 am

trek007 wrote:Such a trooper. She obviously really enjoys singing and should be Dame Petula in my opinion.

I think the fact she's lived in France most of her adult life is the problem. Got to pay those taxes you know.

Maggie
IWannaBeABluesSinger
I've got a good thing
I've got a good thing

Return to The Other Side of Life