LOST YEARS

Images of Dusty--Photographs, Video, Fan Art.

LOST YEARS

Postby betsy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:44 am

I know Dusty had difficult times in America. But they are not "lost years". She had a deep love for American culture and music. She particularly loved much of the South whether black or white. She loved the Shenandoah river and knew much of American music had roots in her Irish heritage, both in sound and sentiment. Without pressure she still sang with old friends as "Gladys Thong" on many vocals. Dusty may have had hard times. But she always kept her spark alive, grew and evolved.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Re: LOST YEARS

Postby naw zar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:49 am

I think she did not need to put up that much .
Here I agree with Pat Rhodes ,her secretary , saying that all these problems in America stemmed from her sheer loneliness . Away from home , I guess she was just missing her people and England deep inside her heart . But on the other hand, she must have reasons not to willing to go back there . Sad and lonely , she was lost among the strangers . Very poor girl . May she rest in peace. I really wish she would have stayed back in England earlier and I believe her life would be much much much better in that way.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 am

She followed her dreams. She loved America. It was part of her since childhood. She spoke of all the things I mentioned. Also, she said she needed to leave England for many many reasons. She was adventurous and much like the cats she loved. They prowl, they explore, even hunt. To say or think Dusty did not have America in her soul and vice versa is wrong. She was more than one thing. Listen to her music and you will know how vast her soul and music was rooted. She absolutely loved to be free. Free means you are sometimes alone.
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Postby naw zar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:50 am

Agree with you on her love for America. It is a huge thing for her.
But I just dont know why she put it up so much there . If you notice , her America stay didnt bring her anything good except for Helene Sellery . Even DIM , she recorded it while she was still living London. I mean .
I understand her love for America. But I just feel very sad for her knowing she suffered that much . Since I knew her stories , I have been thinking almost thousand times what if .. what if ..what if ..if she came back earlier to London ..or ..if she didnt even go to America ...She didnt deserve to suffer like that in my opinion.
naw zar
Little by little
Little by little

Postby betsy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:07 am

It was not all suffering. Don't feel so bad. She also had wonderful times! She knew how to party! We all get hurt. If you stay in a safe shell, you never break away to reach the stars!
DUSTY LOVE
betsy
Little by little
Little by little

Return to See All Her Faces